Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Monkey Challenge 58: A Man Card

   One of the things about being a Mom, is it is so rare that we take a few minutes and just do something we want to do...At least, I am not good at doing this.  But it is something that I want to get better at doing.  I don't mean taking a long time away from things, but rather making the most of a few spare minutes.  For a while this winter, I was very good about picking up my journal and writing for a few minutes, even if it was only a list of things that I would like to write about when I have more time.
   So, this morning, when I came across the Monkey challenge at A La Card Monkey I decided to see what I could come up with in just a few minutes.  I went through my scrap paper folder and this is what I came up with after 15 minutes...


Stamp sets: SU The Open Seas (summer mini) and SU retired sentiments (I don't know the name, if you do, please leave a comment so I can add it)
Cardstock: SU Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake
SU Designer series paper: Nautical from Summer Mini
Accesories: dimensionals, corner punch,  1" circle punch, baker's twine cherry cobbler/white (from Summer Mini), button is from my mother's button box that somehow made it to my house.

Not too bad for a quick slap and dash kinda card.

Happy Stamping


2 comments:

  1. Wow a card in 15 minutes, that is really great I need to try and do that more. I love the card, I have this stamp set and I am really loving it. Thanks so much for joining us at A La Card Monkey. www.alacardmonkey.blogspot.com

    Hugs
    Shirley
    www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com
    sorry about my comment being Anonymous, I am still having problems with my blogger account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set, and these colors are perfect for the set. Thank you so much for joining us at A La Card Monkey. Your card is a really great Dad Card!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete