Sunday, May 29, 2011

Some wonderful thoughts on Motherhood from Mennonite Girls Can Cook

Psalms 139:13-16
"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body, and knit them together in my mother's womb. 
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about.
Your workmanship is marvelous. You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in Your Book".
 
Every Sunday morning, without fail, Mennonite Girls Can Cook has a blog post labelled, "Bread for the Journey."  And I can tell you that I read that post every Sunday without fail.  This allows me to carry the words I have read with me as a travel through my day.  Some weeks they are peaceful and other weeks they are reminders of where we can turn to find strength to get us through another week.  And still others are reminders of just how lucky we are, and how much there is to be thankful for.
This week's verse from Psalms 139: 13-16 was just that, a reminder of how wonderful it is to be a mother and what a gift it is to mother a child.  And as with every gift of true value, it comes with great responsiblity.  Responsiblity that when coupled with love and humour and patience and trust in one's self, can bring so much joy.
And so today, I say Thank you to Kathy at Mennonite Girls Can Cook, for my "bread for the journey".

No comments:

Post a Comment