Sunday, July 3, 2011

A La Card Monkey #63 Guest Designer

Ack!  Forgive me as I am about 48 hours behind!  (But Lake Cowichan was beautiful yesterday, altho windy enough that we had to go chasing beach toys and boogie boards more than once during the afternoon!).
Speaking of the beach, I had so much fun creating this card for A La Card Monkey Challenge 63: Summer & Sketch 
Think Summer...well, around here that means the beach, just about every single day...For more inspiration I had a look at some of our photos from previous beach trips as well as my collection of beach treasures...Driftwood, sand dollars, beautiful shells and polished stones, and of course my jars of beach glass.
Initially, I had planned to use the new SU stamp set from the  Summer Mini Catalogue . But once I got going, the colours were too soft for that set (really needs to be bright and bouncy to do it justice for me).  I went to work creating the card, and ended up pulling out an old PSX stamp from 1993.  It was the one I used for our wedding invitations once upon a time (since we were married at the beach).
I was left so inspired by the colours and the project that I lined up everything to go back and make a couple of scrapbook pages...And then we decided to go to the beach instead...Must be Summer!
Hope you enjoy!

Stampin Up Product:
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla
Ink: Not Quite Navy
DSP: Blueberry Bliss (retired), Distressed using Sanding Blocks
Accessories: Hemp Twine, Corner Punch, Stampin Dimensionals

Not Stampin Up Product:
Stamp: PSX Stamp (1993)
beach glass, from a beach on Vancouver Island somewhere (not sure exactly but it came out of one of my jars of beach glass!)

No comments:

Post a Comment