Monday, July 11, 2011

Christmas in July over at A La Card Monkey

Merry Christmas!  Wow, for those of us here in the Northwest, who have only just started wearing shorts (and even today, I don't think we got over 20 C, and it is July for crying out loud!!), it is hard to start thinking about Christmas already!  But since I just made a "Christmas"order from the new SU catalogue I was in the mood to make at least one Holiday card...Too bad the goods won't arrive in time for this challenge!  It's Christmas in July over at A La Card Monkey this week.  However, it reminded me of how much I liked the Christmas DSP I have left from the 2009/2010 catalogue. 
And I wish I could remember what it was called (if you know, please leave it as a comment below, so much appreciated).
However, the Stamp set is from the new catalogue...Pennant Parade, and the new pennant punch too.  I love those trees you can make with it!  So cute!  (and I also figured out how to make ice cream cones using the pennant punch and the cupcake sizzlets (retired), so that will be my next card!).  The Be Merry stamp is also from a retired set I won as a door prize about three years ago.
Card stock: Real Red, Chocolate chip; Old Olive, very vanilla
DSP: Retired SU Christmas 2009/2010 IB&C
Ink: Chocolate chip, old olive and real red
Accessories: 1 3/4 " scallop punch, pennant punch, brights button collection, chocolate chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (retired), 1/8" Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, stampin dimensionals.

Merry Christmas!

thanks for stopping by!
Kim

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you created a Christmas card for the A La Card Monkey challenge without your new Christmas stash! You're quite resourceful. I'm enjoying the Pennant Parade set too.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete