Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

To my dear hubby whom I married 11 years ago today!  I know Wisteria isn't his colour, but it was one of the colours from our wedding and I thought it went nicely with the Penny Black "Down the Aisle" stamp I dug out (that we used to make the thank you cards for our wedding) to make him an anniversary card.
The card stock, ink and DSP is all Stampin Up...The water colour pencils are Stampin up, but the ribbon is leftover from our wedding.  (My mother trucked a whole lot of Wisteria, Lavender, Mauve (etc) Offray Ribbon from the factory in Montreal in a variety of widths and styles, and I still have all of the leftovers!)

The other thing is that we share our anniversary with my Dad and Stepmum, who have been married for 28 years today!  So a happy anniversary to them as well!




And of course, I made them a card as well...Not with leftovers tho'

I found this Owl pattern paper when I was out last weekend (MME paper).  It went so well with Stampin Up Cardstock in Chocolate Chip, Lucky Limeade and Old Olive.  And the Stampin Up Owl Punch (that I borrowed from my girlfriend, who also celebrates her birthday today!) matches perfectly.  I used googly eyes for the owls, and the itty bitty circle punch as well as the 3/4" circle punch to make the "leaves" on the branches.  The owls and the 3/4" circles are slightly raised using the Stampin Dimensionals.

Oh what fun!
Happy Friday, Everyone!

Kim

4 comments:

  1. love them both, your anniversary card for all the sentimental reasons and the owl card - well it is cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kim. Love the 2 cards you created. What a great symbolic idea to use the pretty 'left overs' for your hubby Anniversary card. I am sure he'll love it. The 2 owls are also super duper cute. Enjoy your special day.

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, Ladies! And Pauline, he noticed the stamp right away..."I know these guys".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,
    Just love the Owl Card. I have a dear friend who is fanatical about Owls so will have to case it!
    Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. It made my day :)

    ReplyDelete